New Zealand is a popular destination among travellers who are looking for an ultimate adventure - like mountain biking, hiking, bungy jumping, skydiving, and skiing. It's also is considered as one of the most budget-friendly tourist destinations in the world.
If you are thinking of visiting New Zealand for an ultimate adventure experience, here are some of the tips that you must consider before and during you travel.
1. According to Tourism New Zealand, the country welcomes more than 159,000 visitors from all over the world every year. This is the reason why you can find a lot of budget-friendly hostels in almost every side of the country. The convenience and safety in the hostels or the so-called "backpackers" are equally good compared to the expensive hotels that you can find. Normally, a bed in a typical hostel in New Zealand costs from 20 to 25 NZD per night.
2. You may feel uncertain when you hear that weather in New Zealand is very unpredictable. In fact, locals even say that one can actually experience four different types of seasons all in just one day. However, there is no "best time" to visit New Zealand because you can basically do and experience a lot of things and activities in this country regardless of the weather or the season. You can do skiing during winter, skydiving on a summer, or mountain climbing on whatever season you choose.
3. Backpacking to New Zealand leaves you many options in terms of the mode of transportation. There are car rentals, backpacker buses, trains and ferries. However, before choosing the best transport for your trip, you must first prepare your itinerary as the convenience of these transport sections depends on which place are you going to use them. For example, if you are in Auckland and you are planning to go to Christchurch or Queenstown, the quickest mode of transport is through an airplane.
4. If you are the type of backpacker who cannot live a day without connecting your device on the internet, better have a change of heart right now. While the world is ruled by social media nowadays, the internet connections in New Zealand are surprisingly not that good. You cannot find free Wi-Fi spots unlike in any other countries all over the world. There are internet providers in New Zealand, and there are a number of them who provide good connectivity, but there are also a lot of providers that are below average. Data charges are also expensive. According to Backpacking Matt, you can likewise go to local libraries to experience free Wi-Fi here.
5. Never forget your best hiking shoes with you. Many backpackers choose to go to New Zealand because of the picturesque landscapes and mountain views that are perfect destinations for hikes. Also, hiking is ideal for backpackers, especially for those who are in a budget, because it is one of the free activities that you can experience here -- from the Mount Cook in the South which is also the highest peak in the country, to the Mount Hikurangi in the North.
© 2023 Travelers Today. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.