Austin is considered to be a good choice for travel not only by the Texas locals but by people from all over the world, as well. Aside from being the home of the world-renowned University of Texas, Austin is also a hub for festivals, colourful cultural events and delightful culinary classics.
Here are some of the reasons why you must visit the famous capital of Texas this year.
1. Austin is a place where music is very much celebrated. No doubt it is tagged as the "Live Music Capital of the World". When you travel all over Austin, you will get to see a lot of live music lounges, bars and restaurants depending upon the type of music you want to jive into. According to the Lonely Planet, when it comes to classic Austin live music, no one can beat the vibe in the Continental Club - a 1950s era lounge that is home to the best local acts in the heart of Texas.
2. The capital of Texas is also known for its relatively small bookstores that sell books and novels written by the best of the best Austin authors such as Molly Ivins, James Michener, J. Frank Dobie, Walter Prescott Webb, and O. Henry, who introduced the character of Cisco Kid.
3. Tourists can also have a sight-seeing in the distinguished museums in Austin. Most of the museums in Austin are located inside the University of Texas where you will get to find the remarkable pieces in both the science and art museums. Among the tourist spots in Austin when it comes to artworks and alike is the Congress Avenue where diverse art galleries are located.
4. When it comes to mouth-watering foodtrips, Austin will never fail to amaze your palettes. With the fusion of Mexican cuisine and Tex-Mex, Austin is definitely the best place for meat-lovers and vegetarians, as well. This place in Texas is notable for its barbecue that literally falls off the bones and just succulent at its finest. According to Trip Advisor, the best place to find the most delicious barbecues in Austin is in Lockhart, Llano or Luling.
5. Austin is also among the best places to go for outdoor activities. You can dive into the famous Barton Springs Pool in the south of Austin or dip in the Big Stacy Pool in the downtown of Deep Eddie. There are also other spots perfect for swimming such as the Hamilton Pool and Emma Long Park. Aside from swimming, the weather in Austin is also the best for diving, biking or hiking.
Whether you are in the mood to go on an outdoor hopping or just chill with the jive of the live music, Austin is definitely a place where you must spend your vacation this 2017. Fly to Austin to discover the ultimate Texas experience of your life.