China is visited by many foreigners due to the success of its economy. These foreigners may engage in business or just see the beautiful wonders of the country. China's tourism has also improved since many tourists come in the country each year.
Besides the business and economic side of China, the country has tons of natural wonders that attracts travelers. From forests, monuments and buildings, China is indeed a good place to visit. According to China Highlights and Touropia, here are some wonderful places every traveler should visit in China.
1. Terracotta Army- This monument depicts the Chinese soldiers from the past. The Terracotta Army is composed of 8,000 soldiers and about 130 chariots. Each soldier have unique features and there are no soldiers who look similar to the others. Because of its wonder, it became a World Cultural Heritage during 1987.
2. The Forbidden City- As one of the most famous attraction in Beijing, the Forbidden City is a palace of the Qing and Ming dynasty of ancient China. Commoners were once prohibited to enter the palace though the palace was very big containing 980 buildings and about 8,000 rooms.
3. Potala Palace- The Potala Palace was used as a winter palace during the 7th century by the Dalai Lama. It contains lots of important materials such as gold hand-written Buddhist scriptures, sculptures, jewelrys and gifts. The palace best symbolizes the Tibetan Buddhism and its control over the Tibet. It was also renown as a UNESCO World Cultural Heritage Site.
4. The Li River- The Li River is a 38-kilometer river crossing Guilin to Yangshuo. Tourists and artists love to visit the river and take pictures and paintings of it. With mountains, cliffss farm houses and serene environment of the river, it was awarded as one of the "World's Top Ten Watery Wonders".
5. The Great Wall of China- Whenever China trips are mentioned, everybody knows about the Great Wall. It is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the world. With the length of 5,000 km, the wall is quite difficult to conquer. It was used to protect tribes from attacks of the north in ancient China and now it has been maintained to become one of the "New Seven Wonders of The World".
© 2023 Travelers Today. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.