We already know that there is going to be a "Now You See Me 3" even before the second movie was released. "Now You See Me 2" did not get excellent reviews, however, it earned $334 million worldwide, making the third movie a guarantee.
The second movie was internationally released on July 4, 2016, and based on 165 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, the film only got an approval rating of 34 percent. "Now You See Me 2" has more twists compared to the first movie, but it still failed to impress a lot of critics. It is expected that "Now You See Me 3" is going to be better than the first two movies combined.
The third movie will show reappearances from Mark Ruffalo, Jesse Eisenberg, Dave Franco, Woody Harrelson, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine in their respective roles, Racing Junky said. Lizzy Caplan, who previously replaced Isla Fisher is also said to make a comeback. Neil Widener and Gavin James are doing the script. The third installment will still focus on a group of criminal magicians known as The Four Horsemen, who will show mind-boggling performances in order to steal.
We do not know yet if there are going to be new casts but there are rumors saying that Benedict Cumberbatch will be part of "Now You See Me 3." Asia Starz reported that there are speculations that the popular British actor will be a guest star in the third installment and that a reliable source has made this claim. But then again, this is yet to be confirmed.
Jon M. Chu does the directorial job for "Now You See Me 3." The film does not have a release date yet, and the plot is currently under wraps, making fans even more excited about it. But if it's true that Cumberbatch is joining the cast, considering how well he did in "Doctor Strange" is enough assurance that the third movie is going to be worth the wait.