For women, there is always that one problem when it comes to packing: over-packing. And as a result, we end up overlooking on what is really essential and are stuck with what we are sure will never be used during our vacation.
Here is a list of important beauty essentials when going lite that we shouldn't forget during our next vacation:
- Shampoo, Conditioner and Oils - these essentials should always be present. Who would want greasy hair during a summer vacation or dry, and frizzy hair during the holidays?
To save space, transfer the contents into small containers.
- Dry Shampoo - when on the go, it's unavoidable to skip washing one's hair. And dry shampoo is a great and quick alternative.
This product is available in 2.4 oz bottles or smaller.
- Hair Brush or Comb and Hair Ties - opt for a pint-sized de-tangler (ie. Tangle Teaser). Make sure to pack enough hair ties too. This isn't too much of a problem though since these products won't take up much space in your carry on.
- Flat Iron/Curler - though these are advisable to be checked in, they are usually small enough to be placed in your carry on too.
2) Skin Care
- Facial Wipes, Facial Wash and Toner - remove and wash away a day's worth of going around cities. The fumes might have carried unwanted dirt on to your skin.
Just like shampoos, etc., transfer these in small containers too.
- Serums - these are usually really light so bringing one or two in your carry on is not such a big deal.
3) Body Care
- Body Wash and Body Creams - transfer these into small containers too. Place plastic wrap before screwing on the caps to avoid spillage.
- Tooth Brush and Toothpaste - go for the lite travel packaging instead of bringing the 95mL tubes.
- Roll-on Deodorant - even your arm pits need care. So to avoid lack of moisture, opt for roll-ons.
Your carry on can only carry so much before it starts excessing. And who would want to leave their favorite perfume because of no space left?
Choose the small roller baller versions of your preferred perfume instead, or carry along bottles less than 2.5 oz.
- Foundation - avoid bringing a lot of foundation because most of the time, only a few are going to be used. Instead, choose one 30mL foundation.
Don't forget to place this along with other liquids in a zip top bag to avoid having such a hassle with airport security.
- Eye Shadow, Contour and Highlight - InStyle.com emphasized how these make-ups' "streamline" packaging are totally working since they can slip in through almost anywhere.
Keep it simple. Only bring a few enough for a day and night look.
- Lip Balm and Lip Stick - lip balm is essential because too much travel will dry up your lips. As for your lip stick, one or two shades are enough.
© 2023 Travelers Today. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.