Home to the 8th highest mountain in the world, Nepal is known for itseautiful scenery, religious festivals, unique wildlife. Here are some oft he things in store for visitors here.
1. Do yoga in the mountains. In conjunction with the International Yoga Day, there will be a one-week celebration called "Yoga in the Mountains" where there will be yoga, workshops, retreats, spiritual awareness at the Kathmandu Valley on April 7-9, 2017.
2. Do the 15th Himalayan Whitewater Challenge. To uphold the country's whitewater tourism, the Nepal Association of Rafting Agencies is organizing the 15th Himalayan Whitewater Challenge from the 28ᵗʰ to 30ᵗʰ November of this year. There is a competition for these three categories Boater Cross, Extreme Slalom, Down River Race.
3. Are you into body art? Consider attending the International Nepal Tattoo Convention. Every year, since 2010, an assembly of tattoo artists across the globe meet to celebrate art in this form. This annual meet is organized by the Nepal Tattoo Convention and the 7th convention will take place on March 31 to April 2, 2017.
4. Learn at the Kathmandu International Mountain Film Festival (Kimff). The 14th edition will be held from 8ᵗʰ to 12ᵗʰ December 2016 with the purpose of exhibiting films that highlight mountain issues. This festival holds discussions, lectures and workshops and is attended by activists, critics, mountaineers and the like.
5. Do some thangka painting. In Kathmandu, there are craft workers who can teach you about Nepalese art.One such cultural craft is the Thangka painting that has been passed down and perfected by generations. You don't need to be an expert to do this--your teacher will guide you in every step of the way. The best part is you'll be able to take your painting home.
6. Have some astrology consultation. Nepalis have been practicing this system and they have deep beliefs in astrology. They consult astrologers for auspicious events in their life such as entering married life, giving birth, starting a new business, and building a house.
7. Try some adventure sports. There are plenty of adventurous and extreme activities such as skydiving, paragliding, bungee jumping, trekking, zipflying, and mountaineering.
© 2023 Travelers Today. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.