Anchorage is known for its cultural heritages. As one of the largest city in the United States, its spectacular natural wonders and sights are truly beautiful. It is also the largest city in Alaska where it is cold.
There are many activities available in Anchorage, Alaska. Anchorage is not only great at activities but there are also great restaurants in the city. The Culture Trip and Paste Magazine cited some of these great restaurants.
1. Orso- Orso is a restaurant that offers delicious seafood dishes along with tons of choices for cocktails and drinks from Glacier BrewHouse. Because it is located across the Anchorage's performing arts center, many people even tourists get to visit the restaurant. Some of its best sellers are the halibut, cod, king crab and the salmon.
2. Ginger- Chef Guy Conley is the chef of Ginger. With great experimental cuisines of Asian, Alaskan and the Pacific Rim, Ginger offers delicious and unique dishes. Some of its best sellers are the spicy ahi tuna tower and chicken and waffles served with a pan Asia-twist.
3. Spenard Roadhouse- This is an all Alaskan restaurant. It has wonderful interior designs that complement its dishes. Spenard is quite famous among tourists and it offers the best selections of bourbons and whiskies in Alaska. Some of its best sellers are the Tater Tots and the Alaskan reindeer Polish sausage.
4. Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria- Moose's restaurant is one of the most popular restaurants in town. Its food offerings have a combination of Portland and Alaskan cuisines. However, what makes this restaurant so famous is their delicious pizza made from scratch using fresh ingredients.
5. Snow City Café- Snow City Café serves an all day breakfast menu. With dishes made from scratch using fresh ingredients from local farmers, it is also one of the most popular restaurants in the city. It also gained popularity as the former US President Barack Obama ate when he was in town. Its place also has wonderful decorations perfect for having breakfast. Some of their best sellers are the stuffed French toast, heart attack on a plate and the Kodiak benedict.
© 2023 Travelers Today. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.