(Photo: Patrick Tomasso on Unsplash)
Customer service should be an integral part of any brand's strategy. Even the best offer is not complete if it does not include service models. It is the client's well-being that to a large extent determines the satisfaction with the stay at the hotel and the willingness to use its services once again. And it all starts with the first contact when the customer visits the website.
The impact of good service and the achievement of business goals
It has long been known that retaining a client is much cheaper than acquiring a new one. A regular, satisfied customer will not only come back to use our services again but will also recommend them to other people from his circle and beyond. Satisfied customers can now express their opinion on the Internet, using popular booking platforms or the opportunities offered by Google. This is the enormous power of word-of-mouth advertising, the cost of which is hidden precisely in customer service. A satisfied customer is a company's resource to increase profits. Investing in good customer service is therefore a very important element of your business strategies. Omitting it or disregarding its importance will certainly have a negative impact on the company's image and profits.
What do guests expect?
Most of the reservations are related to holiday trips. With this in mind, it is worth remembering that rest must not be associated with any stress, anxiety or irritation. This is why customer service must be based on friendliness and courtesy. The first contact with the client is decisive in making a booking decision. Today, many bookings are made directly through the hotel's website. This is possible thanks to tools such as Booking Engine. They allow customers to make a reservation after entering the website, in accordance with their preferences - online, by phone or by e-mail. Such a system also allows the sale of stay packages or vouchers. This is a great way to serve visitors who come to your website. Everything here is easy to use and tailored to your needs. And that's what customers need.
The 5 most important factors influencing customer satisfaction
Before the client decides to book, he or she must be satisfied with the hotel offer, which is read on the website. He should practically be "led by the hand" to make a reservation. Any obstacle, such as a broken booking button or lack of responsiveness of the website, may be a reason for not taking action. So how to make a guest happy?
1. The website and booking service must be intuitive - every average Internet user must be able to make a reservation freely. There is no room for complication here. The simpler the better.
2. Providing various communication channels - the client has his own preferences related to communication. By providing him with various channels, it is possible to retain customers with different preferences in this regard. Online reservations with the use of reservation systems, e-mail inquiries or the possibility of telephone contact are a must.
3. Efficient and quick handling of matters - guests want to get things done and be done with it. Dragging the process out or mounting difficulties during the booking process increases irritation or anxiety. Today, many of these matters can be dealt with automatically, thanks to the tools that work instantly and 24/7.
4. Individual approach to the customer - applies to both new and returning customers. Collecting information about new customers and their preferences and introducing them to the system allows for meeting the needs of returning guests, regardless of employee turnover.
5. Friendly and courteous service - this part of the strategy establishes that the customer should feel comfortable in the hotel. Adequate communication, a nice atmosphere and professionalism are what the client expects. You have to remember not to overdo it. The client is supposed to feel good.
There are many elements to good quest service. The beginning of effective customer service begins at the time of booking. The inclusion of tools to facilitate the entire process is one of the important elements of the entire strategy, improving work and fitting into the scheme of the strategy adopted by the brand.
© 2023 Travelers Today. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.