It's time to buy tickets and reserve your seats for the 2018 Winter Olympics Pyeongchang in South Korea. The ticket application period is from February 9 to April 23 and is aimed at providing an equal viewing opportunity to everyone based on the spirit of the Olympics.
Organizers of the Winter Games see 70 percent of the sales coming from local visitors while the other 30 percent will be for the viewership of foreign guests. Two kinds of tickets are up for grabs on its official website whereas the Commemorative Tickets reflects the image of the 2018 Winter Games as a souvenir, while the general admission tickets are provided for admissions only.
Ticket prices vary but the cheapest seats are available for $175 with the costly ones for $1,050. Special discounts are available for locals, seniors, children, and persons with disabilities for 50 percent off.
Main ticket centers can be found in Seoul, Pyeongchang, and Gangneung while other field outlets may be announced soon. Meanwhile, a one-year countdown launch will be set on Feb. 8 and the launching of ticket sales and design of the Olympic Torch to be revealed the next day.
As of writing, the organizers of the event have unveiled the official sport pictograms that will be used to represent each of the events at next year's games. Organising Committee For The Olympic Winter Games Pyeongchang - POCOG President Lee Hee-beom said, "I believe our design team has got the perfect balance with our designs to make them easily identifiable while also having a local connection and Korean feel as we have integrated our unique alphabet into the pictograms."
The recent update on the Winter Olympics has sparked more interest and enthusiasm among potential attendees. The games will fall on Feb. 9 to 25, 2018 which happens to be Asia's Chinese New Year holiday by the middle week.
© 2023 Travelers Today. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.