Every traveler wants to spend less while going to different places. With that, Price of Travel ranks world cities every year based on how affordable they are as a reference for budget travelers. With that, we have here the 7 cheapest travel destination for 2016 that will give you extra money to get a side trip to other places you dream of visiting!
1. Pokhara, Nepal. The city is popular for adventurous people who want to trek in the Annapurna region. One can also get a good look at temples, museums and spiritual retreats with a daily budget of $15.80.
2. Hanoi, Vietnam. The capital of Vietnam is a developing city but it will further fascinate travelers with its traditions and its French colonial and Communist past. There are ancient temples and peaceful parks in the area wherein you can spend $17.08 a day.
3. Saigon, Vietnam. Another city in Vietnam that is officially called Ho Chi Minh City. Formerly a capital of South Vietnam, the area is now a modern city with interesting museums and relics from the Vietnam War. Although this is the most expensive destinations in Vietnam, one can still spend $18.25 per day around the city.
4. Goa, India. Compared to other lesser known destinations in the country, this is still quite expensive but one can enjoy the beach for just $18.48 a day. According to Global News, costs may increase during peak travel times like Christmas and New Year’s Eve.
5. Chiang Mai, Thailand. For just $18.84 per day, one can enjoy the cool mountain setting, the temples, museums and the green spaces in Chiang Mai.
6. Kathmandu, Nepal. The city is home to Buddhist temples and colorful festivals. Travelers could also be treated with a stunning setting in the Kathmandu Valley which is also a great spot for adventure sports. You can spend only $19.71 a day in the area.
7. Vientiane, Laos. If you want to relax and de-stress, this is the best place to visit where you can enjoy the views of Mekong River. All you need is a daily budget of $19.94 or even less if you opt for local rice wine, which is cheaper than beer.
© 2023 Travelers Today. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.