Port Harcourt International Airport
If your first destination is towards Nigeria's Port Harcourt International Airport, then may the odds be in your favor. This airport has received its ill-fated merit of being dubbed as the world's worst airport in 2015 by Sleeping in Airports, a travel website.
The hostile and discourteous crew, dysfunctional air-conditioning unit, insufficient seats and alleged corruption are among the reasons why Port Harcourt International Airport landed the number one spot. But let's look at the bright side, the website then stated that some distinct areas of the airport are currently being renovated. Which means actual windows, walls and floors are to be expected. Well, let's just not put our hopes too high.
Saudi Arabia's King Abdulaziz International Airport
On its second spot again is Saudi Arabia's Jeddah King Abdulaziz International Airport. No surprise, this unclean, crowded and chaotic airport just infuriates a whole lot of people.
An excerpt from the travel website declared, "From smoking in non-smoking areas to the bathroom odor wafting out into the lounges, few people sang praises after spending time here." They also added in their article that, "Multi-hour immigration queues with distracted and absent officers further aggravated travelers."
Nepal's Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport
Due to a series of unfortunate events that landed Nepal, its Kathmandu Tribhuvan International Airport has still gained the third spot for the world's worst airport this year. The runway of this terminal has not yet been repaired after the devastating earthquake and flight accident.
Though aside from their unrepaired runway and unrestored flight schedules, the airport is most recalled for its poor state restrooms.
Here is the complete list for worst airports of the year 2015
1. Port Harcourt International Airport (Nigeria)
2. King Abdulaziz International Airport (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia)
3. Tribhuvan International Airport (Kathmandu, Nepal)
4. Tashkent International Airport (Uzbekistan)
5. Simon Bolivar International Airport (Caracas, Venezuela)
6. Toussaint Louverture International Airport (Port au Prince, Haiti)
7. Hamid Karzai International Airport (Kabul, Afghanistan)
8. Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam)
9. Benazir Bhutto International Airport (Islamabad, Pakistan)
10. Beauvais-Tille International Airport (Paris)
© 2023 Travelers Today. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.