With Valentine's Day fast approaching, many couples are looking to get out of town with their loved one. While it would be great to splurge on expensive dinners, diamonds and decadent getaways, that isn't always a practical option. Sure, a trip to New York, Paris or Milan may be out of reach but that doesn't mean one should go without romance. Here are some beautiful, unique and affordable options for lovers on a budget.
1. Phoenix, AZ- While it isn't the first city to come to mind when you think of romantic getaways, consider this: Phoenix has a number of high end hotels, spas and B&B's ready to fulfill your every need at a fraction of the cost the same establishment will charge you elsewhere. Also, while scorching hot most of the year, mid-February weather lands in a perfect mid 70s range. Enjoy the natural beauty, peace & quiet and romantic skyline with your love while others pay twice as much to freeze to death elsewhere.
2. Midway, UT- If a snowy retreat is more your style, the beauty and adventure of Midway, UT cannot be matched. You will undoubtedly save on hotel rates and fun winter activities by choosing to stay in this quaint suburb just 30 miles outside of its more expensive counterpart, Salt Lake City or the more cliché winter destination, Aspen. Not to mention Midway B&B's are some of the highest rated in the country.
3. Bald Head Island, NC- You don't need to throw money away down in Miami to have the ultimate beach experience. In fact, if you truly want relaxing one on one time this Valentine's Day, nothing tops the charm of Bald Head Island in North Carolina. Get ready to leave the stress behind, because once you board the 20 minute ferry to any number of ocean front vacation rentals, it will just be you two in a cozy cottage all your own.
4. Brooklyn, NY- Okay, so you want those bright lights in the big city, but staying in a sky scraper hotel in Midtown Manhattan is out of the question. Try staying in one of Downtown Brooklyn's newest hotel's where the rooms are cheaper, but you still get the authentic NYC experience. Only a short cab (or train if you're feeling adventurous) ride away is Broadway, Times Square and so much more, but you'll get all for a fraction of the price by staying on the other side of the bridge.
5. Las Vegas, NV- Contrary to popular belief, Vegas is one of the more affordable vacation spots you could explore. In addition to all the expensive, big name hotels there are smaller, more affordable yet equally awesome options worth exploring. Discounted rates and meal deals for love birds make it even more possible to enjoy a quick getaway to Sin City.
As with all travel, booking early is the key to great rates. Hop to it now and prepare to have a 5 star getaway with money to spare.
© 2023 Travelers Today. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.