When thinking of places to travel, it's but natural to think of far-off places and traveling to countries like Europe, Asia, Africa and even Australia, but it's uncommon for people to think about staying put in their country. It's time to change that, so here's a list of 5 must-see places to travel to within the US of A.
1. Asheville, North Carolina - Asheville managed to bridge the gap between tradition and modernity, found in the south east corner of the Appalachians. It's quickly emerging as a haven for creative spirits, and is home to artists who showcase their art in the River Arts District. Locally produced craft beers and spirits are just a few of the many reasons why it's worth visiting in 2017.
2. Florida's Emerald Coast -There are many beaches to visit in the Emerald coast and it's one of the best places people visit during spring break. But if you want to make the most of your visit, go where the locals go, as Lonely Planet suggests, after all, that is what traveling to a new place all about, getting to know the place in an intimate way.
3. Texas Hill Country Wine Region - If you haven't been to Texas, then perhaps it's time to pay it a visit, after all, it made it to Lonely Planet's list, it's number 8 according to USA Today. Who knew that great American wine regions can be found in Texas? Certainly not a lot of people, but Hill Country is proving to be an ideal place for producing top of the line wine thanks in part to its rich oil that makes it a conducive place for vineyards.
4. Western Washington - As seen on the surreal TV drama, Twin Peaks, the beautiful landscapes of Western Washington is enough to make it into one of the most underrated tourist destinations. It boasts beautiful misty mountains and evergreen forests that are all Instagram worthy. In 2017, vacationers will be treated to micro-distilleries, new cultural trends as well as farm-to-table restaurants.
5. Atlanta, Georgia - One of the places featured in the classic film, "Gone With The Wind", is making a comeback. It's been an underrated travel destination for the longest time and now is the time for it to make a comeback as its one of the largest cosmopolitan cities in the South.
© 2023 Travelers Today. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.