Expectations for the perfect holiday can run as high as your highest blood pressure, with a cocktail of undercooked turkey, cranky relatives and hard-to-find presents all adding to the seasonal tension. It does not have to be like this every year. Going for a break is an alternative worth adding to your holiday list. (Read more here). With these five top holiday escapes, all you need to do is relax, sit back and enjoy:
1. The LifeCo in Phuket, Thailand- If you think all the Christmas season consumerism and consumption turns you off, perhaps it is worth aiming to improve your overall health and happiness with the help of wellness programs offered by Phuket, Thailand's The LifeCo, and two sites in Turkey. They were designed to offer health benefits including healthier skin, better digestion, an improved immune system and a boosted metabolism.
2. Caribbean, Silversea Cruise and Central America- For a lot of people, the meaning of relaxation may come in the form of a cruise - specifically an all-inclusive Silversea cruise. Do you fancy champagne on Christmas morning? Your personal butler can give you that in your suite. The maritime odyssey to and from Barbados lasts for seven-nights and visits five countries, including St. Vincent, Curacao and Grenadines.
3. Tokyo's Ritz-Carlton Urban Christmas- If embracing new horizons and cultures is what you prefer, then Tokyo is best for you. In the city's lively Roppongi district, an elegant Christmas tree takes center stage at the Ritz-Carlton. It's a 15 feet Christmas tree in the 49th floor lobby, studded with Dolce and Gabbana puppets and hand-painted crystals.
4. Santa Arrives by Canoe at Halekulani, Hawaii- Halekulani, Hawaii tends to do things more differently, where Santa Claus arrives by outrigger canoe on Waikiki Beach. Since 1883, they have been welcoming guests, so the resort has many festive tricks ready. Kids get a chance to meet Santa and take photos with him, while gingerbread decorating classes and balloon sculptures are also offered.
5. Spanish Christmas at Madrid's Iberostar Las Letras- The Spanish capital is a relaxed and stylish Christmas destination, which means you can quickly feel at home during the festive season. Right in the heart of Gran Via, Iberostar Las Letras is Madrid's equivalent to Broadway, which means Christmas show from "The Nutcracker" to "The LionKing" are on your doorstep. (Read more Christmas destinations here).
© 2023 Travelers Today. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.