The Princeton Review released a list of the top 20 sober schools and the top 20 party schools as part of its 2014 edition of "The Best 378 Colleges" book.
The rankings were based on surveys taken by an average of 333 students per campus. They answered 80 questions about a range of subjects in the last three school years. Its methodology uses a five-point scale, allowing for school-to-school comparisons.
The University of Iowa took the top spot for the best party school list, which Iowa City officials aren't took happy about as they're on a battle against binge drinking on campus and downtown. However University of Iowa spokesman Tom Moore said The Princeton Review ''gets some things right." The school was also listed as an affordable Big Ten university with students who are both studious and social. ''That indicates they are balancing their academic responsibilities with their social pursuits,'' he said according to the Associated Press.
Not every school is a part though. The Princeton Review released a list on ''stone-cold sober schools'," which was topped by Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, Wheaton College in Wheaton, Ill. And College of the Ozarks, Point Lookout, Mo.
Here is the complete list of the Top 20 Sober Schools
1. Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
2. Wheaton College, Wheaton, Ill.
3. College of the Ozarks, Point Lookout, Mo.
4. Thomas Aquinas College, Santa Paula, Calif.
5. U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
6. Grove City College, Grove City, Pa.
7. Wesleyan College, Macon, Ga.
8. U.S. Coast Guard Academy, New London, Conn.
9. U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
10. Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Mich.
11. City University of New York-Brooklyn College, Brooklyn, N.Y.
12. City University of New York-City College, New York City
13. City University of New York-Queens College, Flushing, N.Y.
14. Mills College, Oakland, Calif.
15. Agnes Scott College, Atlanta/Decatur, Ga.
16. Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, Needham, Mass.
17. California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, Calif.
18. Simmons College, Boston
19. Wellesley College, Wellesley, Mass.
20. Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans