The 25th season of Survivor is set to begin on September 19, so CBS is starting to announce the cast members. This time around, three returning cast members will join 15 brand new competitors in the Philippines. CBS revealed the 15 new cast members.There is some speculation over who the returning cast members will be.
In its 25th season, Survivor will feature cast members who were in previous seasons. These cast members had to be air lifted from the island due to medical reasons. Now they want a chance to redeem themselves. There haven't been too many cast members that had to be evacuated, so the guesses for returning cast members are pretty good and there is a lot of evidence pointing towards who they are.
Back in March, host Jeff Probst tweeted about the cast members who were evacuated. He wrote "Skupin was evacuated in episode 6, so was Jonathan Penner, so was Russell Swan and tonight so was Colton." That means that Mike Skupin, Jonathan Penner, Russell Swan and Colton Cumbie are all options.
However, survivor spoilers said it isn't Cumbie. A spoiler tweet, as quoted by Yakkity Yaks, read "Everyone knows Skupin, Penner and Swan are there now, so you get the idea."
Survivor Fever has come up with a whole cast list, including the three returning cast members and even the new ones.
The site says that Jonathan Penner will be returning. The 50-year-old actor and writer also appeared on "Survivor: Cook Islands" and "Survivor: Micronesia." He was removed from Micronesia due to a life-threatening infection to his knee. Probst has called him one of his favorite contestants.
Another possible returning member is Mike Skupin. The 50-year-old father of seven was removed from the Australian Outback after falling into a campfire.
Russell Swan is the other cast member who is expected to return. The 45-year-old attorney appeared on "Survivor: Samoa. Swan had to be removed from the island after almost dying during a challenge when his heart rate dropped.
CBS has announced the list of the 15 new contestants. Some include Major League Baseball player Jeff Kent, Christian pop singer and "Facts of Life" actress Lisa Whelchel, and Miss Teen runner up Angelia Layton. Layton and Katie Hanson are the youngest contestants on the list, at 20 years old. The oldest of the 15 is 49.
Here is the list of the 15 new cast members:
Red - Kalabaw (Water Buffalo) Tribe:
- Jeff Kent, 44-yea- old future MLB hall-of-famer from Texas
- Dana Lambert, 33 year old lesbian hair stylist from North Carolina
- Katie Hanson, 22 year old beauty queen from Delaware
- Carter Williams, 24 year old possible surfer from California
- Sarah Naomi Dawson, 28 year old traveler from Maryland
Blue - Matsing (Monkey) Tribe:
- Angelia Layton, 20 year old beauty queen from Utah
- Malcolm Freberg, 25 year old former football player from Los Angeles
- Zane Knight, 27 year old from Virginia
- Denise Marie Stapely, 41 year old sex counselor from Iowa
- Roxanne Morris, 28 year old chaplain from Brooklyn
Yellow - Tandang (Rooster) Tribe:
- Lisa Whelchel, actress from 80's sitcom "The Facts of Life"
- Abi-Maria Gomes, 32-year-old beer saleswoman from Los Angeles
- Peter Yurkowski, 24-year-old actor from New Jersey
- Roberta Saint-Amour, 27-year-old investment analyst from NYC
- Artis Silvester Lewis, 53-year-old navy systems engineer from New Orleans
The three teams who will face the shark infested waters, snake filled land, and furious storms in the Philippines.
"Survivor" has been on the air since 2000 and is now entering its 25th season, with season 26 already planned for the spring of 2013. In the show, groups on strangers are left in an isolated area in some part of the world and they must learn to survive on the land. Contestants must also participate in challenges, form alliances, and vote for which fellow cast member should be kicked off. The winner gets a $1 million prize.
For information about new twists on Survivor, Click Here.