Although he plays for the Los Angeles Galaxy, soccer star David Beckham hasn't forgotten his English roots. Beckham still loves the UK and he has a list of favorite spots that he recommends to visit in England. As a London 2012 Olympic Games ambassador, Beckham supports his country and encourages tourism during the Summer Games season and beyond.
As the Summer Olympics in London approach, Beckham has revealed the top ten things on his must do list in England. He revealed his favorite locations to promote VisitBritain's 'Best of Britain' app, which was launched earlier this year as a guide to those who will be traveling to the country, especially for the 2012 Olympics. Beckham is a London 2012 Olympic Games ambassador.
The new app with David's travel suggestions is only available for download on Samsung phones. VisitBritain also released a 'Top 50 UK Places' app for smartphones and iPhones which can also be downloaded.
There are several places that Beckham would like to visit with his wife Victoria Beckham and their children. His number one choice is a tour of Buckingham Palace, where the Royal Family resides. Beckham has a palace of his own in the country. His famous Hertfordshire mansion is called the 'Beckingham Palace' by local media.
"I've always been brought up to love the Royal Family and this year is a special year with the Queen's Jubilee. Buckingham Palace is in the heart of London and it's been the scene of so many great moments in British history," Beckham told the Daily Mail.
As Beckham has four children, Harper Brooklyn, Cruz, and Romeo, he would also like to take a trip to some family friendly places like Thorpe Park, one of London's Royal Parks, or to the new Harry Potter studio tour.
"Hyde and Regents Park are like an oasis in the Central London', Beckham says "or get away from it all in Richmond Park where you can see wild deer, horse ride and amazing views across London."
Beckham also had his wife Victoria on his mind when he created his England travel list. The couple married in 1999. He would take her shopping to the designer fashion stores of Manchester's Northern Quarter, or to markets like Camden, Portobello or Spitalfields.
A Beckham travel list wouldn't be complete without a visit to a soccer stadium like Old Trafford or the new Wembley Stadium. He also recommends playing golf at St. Andrews, one of his favorite hobbies
Here is a complete list of Beckham's top UK travel Must Do's:
1. Take a tour of Buckingham Palace
2. Experience some real East London food at Tony Lane's Pie & Mash shop
3. Go on a stadium tour of Old Trafford and the new Wembley
4. Grab some fresh air at one of the Royal Parks like Hyde, The Regent's or Richmond
5. Play a round of golf at St Andrews
6. Go shopping at Manchester's Northern Quarter, or markets like Camden, Portobello or Spitalfields
7. Take the kids to Thorpe Park or on the Harry Potter tour
8. Don't miss London's theatre scene and plays like War Horse or Jersey Boys
9. Eat at Ceconnis or NOPI in London
10. Go for a walk in the countryside and stop off at a pub along the way.