When one goes to the United States, they'll usually go for the best restaurants and the biggest malls - but did you know that this country is home to some of the best amusement parks in the world? If you're up for some exhilarating fun, make it a point to give one of these a visit. Here's our top five list for the best amusement parks in the United States:
1. Universal Studios, Hollywood: Probably the most popular feature they have now is that Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Potterheads truly feel transported to Hogwarts when they're here, because they get to enjoy a glass of Butterbeer while being at The Three Broomsticks.
2. Six Flags Magic Mountain: While there are many Six Flags parks across the US, this is deemed to be the best one by USA Today. Rollercoaster fans love going here, as it is home to the craziest and best ones in the country. If you want to experience thrill, you'll get it here.
3. Knott's Berry Farm: This park is often overlooked since it's so near to Disneyland in California, but it definitely has its charms too. It's the first amusement park in the country, so you should definitely pay a visit.
4. Disneyland: The original is definitely still one of the best. Theme Park Insider has created a ranked list of the best Disney theme parks, but this easily trumps the rest in the US for being the classic. It also helps that it always updates its attractions.
5. Carowinds: This park in the south is home to the 'Best Roller Coaster in the World', as awarded by the Golden Ticket Awards. While this park is relatively new, it already holds a lot of promise in the adventure area. Also, it's pretty neat that it lies on the state line between North and South Carolina.
If you're traveling to the United States or if you're living there, give these five amusement parks a much-deserved visit. Fun and adventure are part of what makes the US the best, and to experience it is truly a treat.
Here's the teaser for Fright Fest 2016 at Six Flags Magic Mountain:
© 2023 Travelers Today. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.