Everybody loves a bit of 1990s nostalgia - and did you know that this decade was quite a high time for hotels too? The overall design during this time wasn't too uniform anymore, as the industry was recognizing different markets as well. Also, this decade gave birth to the all too familiar eat-all-you-can breakfast.
Not all hotels built during this time stayed afloat, but some are more successful now than ever. Here are the top five hotels that were built during this decade.
1. Ciragan Palace in Instanbul, Turkey is probably still one of the most luxurious hotels in the world. The five-star hotel was built back in 1992 on the shores of Bosporus Strait, and the infinity pool with the beautiful view of the Turkish seas still make it one of the most enchanting views in the country. If you're looking for that Imperial feel, this is where you'll find it.
2. Four Seasons Hotel Milano remains to be one of the most fashionable hotels in the world. According to Robb Report, it's been one of the most sought after hotels by the fashion industry since 1993.
3. The Peninsula Beverly Hills undeniably defined nineties luxury since it opened its doors back in 1991. With lush palm trees, bougainvillea, and jasmine, everybody wanted to stay in one of their villas.
4. The Mirage in Las Vegas tops a lot of users lists on Trip Advisor when it comes to the best of the 90s. While it was built in 1989, it wasn't until the 90s when it gained such high popularity. It was massive, flashy, and extravagant - it's nothing short of one's expectations when they want to go big in Vegas.
5. The Lanesborough in London was built in 1991, and its rich textures, 19th century paintings, and marble fixtures make it undeniably nineties. Guests can experience everything good about Old London here. They even have butlers wearing tuxedoes.
There's something about this decade that is so distinct and memorable, and hotels and all things hospitality has come a long way since then. These hotels, even if they were built twenty years ago, still guarantee the best travel accommodations you'll experience in the world.
Here's a tour of The Peninsula Beverly Hills:
This article is copyrighted by Travelers Today, the travel news leader