Toxicology evidence reveals that Prince passed away because of an unintentional overdose of opioid fentanyl.
These evidence were revealed in a report of the singer's death given by The Midwest Medical Examiner's Office. Fentanyl was given as a prescription by doctors to people who has cancer, as reported in CNN Edition. Fentanyl is allegedly the cause of increased overdose deaths in the United States.
Fentanyl is 25 to 50 more instances more toxic as compared to heroin. On the other hand, Fentanyl is 50 to 100 times more toxic as compared to morphine. These details were released by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.
Prince's birth name was Prince Rogers Nelson. He passed away on April 21, 2016. Prince was discovered unconscious at an elevator in Paisley Park. Paisley Park is Prince's house and recording studio in one at Chanhassen, Minnesota.
The medical examiner office in the midwest, available on Twitter, did not give complete details in relation to the causes of the singer's death. The report did indicate, though, that Prince self-supplied himself with Fentanyl. It was also indicated in the report, however, that the supplication of Fentanyl by Prince was just "accidental."
The report, however, did not specify the ways Fentanyl was self-supplied by Prince on himself. The report also did not indicate if Fentanyl was prescribed or if the singer took it without any prescription from the doctor.
The singer's weight was allegedly 112 pounds. Additionally, the singer was allegedly 63 inches in height at the time he passed away, as per details released by the report from the medical examiner's office in the midwest.
Prince is believed to have been going through knee and hip pain symptoms due to long-term performing, according to The Associated Press news agency reports, as reported in Bbc.com.
Meanwhile, the Carver County Sheriff's office announced that investigation still goes on surrounding Prince's death, as indicated in the office's press release, according to The Guardian.