Want to go skiing this winter? Head to Colorado. Condé Nast Traveler magazine has named Colorado as the top ski destination in the US with the St. Regis Aspen Resort taking the top spot.
In its list of the best places the ski in North America, all of Conde Nast's 20 picks are found in the US and more than half of them are in Colorado. Canada didn't have any resorts on the list.
The top ski destination, the St. Regis Aspen Resort is located near the Aspen slopes. It made a big jump to the top spot from 45th place last year after it underwent a huge renovation by award-winning interior designer Lauren Rottet. The resort got major points for its "gilded age" grandeur, butler service and stunning setting. The resort also has a premium spa and fine dining services. The hotel launched a Chefs Club in collaboration with Food & Wine magazine's Best New Chef awards to improve on their menu.
The resoirt opened a new Italian restaurant called Trecento Quindici Decano. Chef David Viviano, who comes from James Beard Award-nominated restaurant Jardiniere in San Francisco, mans the kitchen. Double rooms at the hotel start at $759. The list was decided on by more than 19,530 Condé Nast Traveler readers
Here are the top 10 US resorts according to Condé Nast Traveler:
1. St. Regis Aspen Resort, Colorado
2. Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creak Mountain, Avon, CO
3. Fairmont Heritage Place, Franz Klammer Lodge, Telluride, CO
4. Lumiere Telluride, Telluride, CO
5. Mirror Lake Inn Resort and Spa, Lake Placid, New York
6. Four Seasons Resort Jackson Hole, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
7. St. Regis Deer Valley, Park City, Utah
8. Four Seasons Resort Vail, Vail, CO
9. Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe, Tahoe, CA
10. Stowe Mountain Lodge, Stowe, Vermont