Thanksgiving travel can be stressful. To help travelers this Thanksgiving 2013, the 13th annual Turkey Task Force will be available for assistance. Travel experts from Travelocity will be stationed at the country's ten busiest airports to provide airport status reports, travel tips, money-saving advice and other helpful information via Twitter and live television interviews the Tuesday and Wednesday prior to Thanksgiving.
Those traveling during the Thanksgiving travel period can follow @Travelocity using the hashtag #TTF2013 to keep track of airport happenings and will have a chance to win prizes by participating in the conversation.
"We know that Thanksgiving is one of the most hectic travel periods of the year," said Courtney Scott, senior editor at Travelocity. "Our turkey task force will be the eyes and ears of the busiest airports across the country, helping you get to turkey dinner with ease!"
This Thanksgiving 2013 travel season is expected to be the busiest since 2010 with 25.1 million people expected to travel. To accommodate passengers, airlines have added two percent more seats this year. Travelers should be prepared for crowded airports and packed flights.
To make the experience easier, Turkey Task Force members will report on travel conditions through Twitter and will also be available for for live or taped interviews at the following airports Tuesday, Nov. 26 and Wednesday, Nov. 27:
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International (Atlanta)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (Charlotte)
- Chicago O'Hare (Chicago)
- Dallas / Fort Worth International (Dallas)
- Denver International Airport (Denver)
- McCarran International Airport (Las Vegas)
- Los Angeles International Airport (Los Angeles)
- LaGuardia Airport (New York)
- San Francisco International Airport (San Francisco)
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (Washington, DC)