Traveling for business can be stressful in itself, but there are certain airports in the United States that business travelers find to make their trip extra stressful. A new survey by Concur reveals the most stressful airports around the country, according to business travelers.
Business travelers revealed that Chicago O'Hare is the most stressful airport, followed by Los Angeles International Airport and John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York. Factors such as long lines, confusing directions and poor service make some of these airports stressful to go through.
Those who chose Chicago O'Hare as the most stressful airport blame it on the size of the airport. According to 56 percent of respondents, the vastness between gates and terminals at Chicago O'Hare presents a big challenge to travelers. Nearly half (49 percent) of travelers said that John F. Kennedy International Airport has the longest lines.
Other stressful factors at airports include confusing airport signage (28 percent), poor service from airport staff (28 percent) and crowded bathrooms (19 percent).
In a technology-based world, many are not impressed by airports' lack of electronic necessities. Business travelers especially want to be able to stay connected during trips, so 19 percent complained about poor Wi-Fi coverage at airports and 18 percent complained about there not being enough electrical outlets to recharge their devices between flights.
Business travelers said that not every airport presents a stressful experience. Many said that Dallas-Fort Worth is the most hassle-free airport. Forty-two percent of respondents said the airport has clear signs, 41 percent said it has good Wi-Fi coverage and 41 percent enjoy the wide variety of quality food options in the airport.
Here is the list of the most stressful airports for business travelers:
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport
- Los Angeles International Airport
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
- New York's LaGuardia Airport
- Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
- Newark Liberty International Airport
- George Bush Houston Intercontinental Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- Miami International Airport
- Washington Dulles International Airport
- Charlotte/Douglas International Airport
- Philadelphia International Airport
- Orlando International Airport
- Boston Logan International Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran International Airport