Kate Middleton and Prince William have sued French Magazine, Closer on Friday September 14 for publishing topless photos of the future Queen of England.
On Friday, Closer magazine ran the topless photos of Middleton which were taken while she vacationed in a private chateau with Prince William in the South of France last week.
A representative for St. Jame's Palace released a statement that said ,"St James's Palace confirms that legal proceedings for breach of privacy have been commenced today in France by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge against the publishers of Closer Magazine France."
Eariler today, the royal family had threatened legal action over the topless photos and their breach of privacy.
They released a statement earler saying, "Their royal highnesses have been hugely saddened to learn that a French publication and a photographer have invaded their privacy in such a grotesque and totally unjustifiable manner."
The dozen paparazzi shots showed the Princess slipping off her bikini top as she lounged in the sun and at one point, pulling down the back of her bikini bottms as Prince William rubbed sunscreen on her lower back.
A spokesperson for St James's Palace said, "Their Royal Highnesses had every expectation of privacy in the remote house. It is unthinkable that anyone should take such photographs, let alone publish them."
Reuters reported that a court in Nanterre near Paris, France said that the Kate and William's lawyer had filed a motion to expedite the procedure to occur on Monday.
This happens just weeks after the blow of Prince Harry's naked photos that surfaced during a vacation in Vegas. The couple are currently touring Southeast Asia.