George Clooney and girlfriend Stacy Keibler have been enjoying the summer vacationing in Italy to celebrate their one year anniversary. However, their vacation plans took a turn for the worst as both the actor and model got food poisoning this week.
On Thursday, Keibler took a break between being sick to tweet "Finally had a bad meal in Italy. Our whole dinner party got food poisoning #ohwell at least I'm still in Italy."
TMZ reported that Clooney, 51, Keibler, 31, and some of their friends celebrated the 4th of July by enjoying a meal at a restaurant in Cernobbio, near Clooney's lake house, but the group was hit with some unwanted effects that next day as they all came down with a case of food poisoning.
However, upon speaking to the restaurant, the manager told TMZ that they must have gotten food poisoning from eating somewhere else. At least their cases weren't bad enough to land anyone in the hospital.
The group is now recovering and getting back to enjoying the rest of their Italian vacation.
The couple has been enjoying their time in Italy all summer, with the exception of the food poisoning incident. They have been staying at Clooney's vacation getaway villa in Lake Como in Lombardy, Italy. The $10 million lakeside villa which Clooney has owned for a decade is a favorite vacation spot for him and his close celebrity friends.
The couple has been photographed having a blast on their summer vacation since arriving last month. They have been taking advantage of the location by going on several boat rides. They've also been spotted shopping and even going on a motorcycle ride.
The couple started dating in the summer of 2011. They have previously vacationed in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, but this is Keibler's first time in Italy with Clooney.