The 2012 Macy's Fireworks show kicks off tonight for the 4th of July. It may be too late to plan a spontaneous trip to see the largest fireworks show in the world, but you can win a trip to see next year's show.
Macy's has teamed up with Kitchenaid to give people a chance to win a trip to New York City to see the Macy's Fireworks in 2013. Until 11:59 p.m. tonight, people can enter the "Red, White & YOU at Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Sweepstakes."
The winner of the contest will receive a pretty awesome prize that costs up to $5,000. Winners will receive a trip for themself and three guests to New York City to view the 2013 Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular. The prize package includes
- Round-trip economy air travel for the winner and three (3) guests from a major airport nearest to the winner's home to New York City
- Two nights hotel accommodations (one suite for four people) at a hotel
- Round-trip ground transportation to/from the airport and to/from the fireworks event;
- One (1) $500 Macy's gift card;
- KitchenAid appliances including one Stand Mixer with three attachments, one Hand Mixer, one Food Processer, one Blender, one Coffee Maker, and one Countertop Oven and Toaster
- A private meet and greet with a Chef from Macy's Culinary Council during the Fireworks
There are two ways to enter to win. One way is to enter through text messaging. Send a with either of the words "FIREWORKS", "MACYSFW", or "KITCHENAIDFW" from your wireless phone to the short code 62297 to be automatically enterd. Another way to enter is through by filling out and submitting an online form on www.macys.com/fireworks.
This sweepstakes is open to resident of the United States and a winner will be chosen on July 5, 2012. Winners and guests must be able to travel between July 3, 2013 and July 5, 2013 or prize will be forfeited and awarded to another winner.The winner must be at least 18 years old to claim the prize. The winner and guests must travel on the same itinerary.